The tasks of Maritime Offices include:
- supervision of navigation, protection of life at sea, environmental maritime protection and inspection activities in this regard,
- construction and maintenance of revetments of riverbanks, dunes and forests, including protection of the coastal belt,
- supervision of navigation and traffic at ports,
- construction, modernisation and maintenance of the infrastructure providing access to ports and sea harbors,
- maintenance of navigation signs on sea waterways.
In the territory of the Republic of Poland, three Maritime Offices are operational: in Gdynia, Słupsk and Szczecin.
The IWW E70 area falls under two Maritime Offices: in Gdynia and Szczecin.
Maritime Office in Szczecin
Pl. Batorego 4
tel. (+48) 91 440 34 00
fax. (+48) 91 434 46 56
Maritime Office in Gdynia
ul. Chrzanowskiego 10
tel. (+48) 58 355 33 33
fax. (+48) 58 620 67 43, (+48) 621 72 31