DIGITAL ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
The Marshal’s Office of the Pomorskie Voivodeship shall ensure the accessibility of their website in accordance with the provisions of the Act of 4th April 2019 on the Digital Accessibility of the Websites and Mobile Applications of Public Entities. The accessibility statement applies to the website in question: https://mdwe70.pl
- Website launch date: 21st September 2015
- Last major update: 30th September 2020
Marshal’s Office of the Pomorskie Voivodeship
- Okopowa 21/27
phone: +48 58 32 68 555
fax: +48 58 32 68 556
Current status in terms of the compliance with the Act
This website is partially compliant with the Act of 4th April 2019 on the Digital Accessibility of the Websites and Mobile Applications of Public Entities due to the incompatibilities or exclusions listed below:
- Data in form of attachments is not accessible digitally in full.
- Archived articled (from before July 2020) contain embedded HTML code that does not comply with the requirements of the above digital accessibility act.
Statement’s submission date
- The statement was drawn-up on 23rd September 2021
- The statement was last reviewed and updated on 30th September 2021
The statement was drawn-up after a self-assessment.
- Person responsible for the matters regarding accessibility: Marta Zatorska
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +48 58 32 68 811
Claims and complaints
Ensuring digital accessibility
Anyone has the right to request for a website, mobile app or an element thereof to be digitally accessible. They may also request that the information be made available through an alternative means of access, e.g. by reading out a digitally inaccessible document, describing a video without audio description etc.
The request should include personal data of the person making the request, an indication of the website or application in question, and the preferred means of contact. If the person requests to receive the information through an alternative means of access, they should also specify the most convenient way of presenting said information. The public entity shall comply with the request without delay, within seven days from the request being filed. Should it prove impossible to comply with the above time limit, the public entity shall without delay inform the requesting person of the closest time the request can be fulfilled, no later than two months after the request was filed. In the event digital accessibility cannot be granted, the public entity can propose an alternative means of accessing the information in question. Should the public entity refuse to comply with the request for digital accessibility or the provision of an alternative means of access to information, the requesting party may lodge a complaint about the digital accessibility of the website, mobile application, or an element thereof. Should the above procedure prove insufficient, the requesting party may file a claim to the Polish Commissioner for Human Rights.
Ensuring architectural or information and communication accessibility
Anyone has the right to inform the Marshal’s Office of the Pomorskie Voivodeship about the lack of the architectural or information and communication accessibility, without the need of providing legal or factual interest.
A person with special needs or a statutory representative of said person, having demonstrated a factual interest, pursuant to Article 30(1) of the Act of 19th July 2019 on Ensuring Accessibility for Persons with Special Needs, has the right to file a claim to the Marshal’s Office of the Pomorskie Voivodeship for architectural or information and communication accessibility provided, hereinafter referred to as “the claim for accessibility”.
The claim for accessibility shall include:
- Contact details of the applicant;
- Indication of the barrier that hinders or prevents architectural or information and communication accessibility;
- Preferred method of contact;
- Preferred method of ensuring accessibility, if applicable.
The Marshal’s Office of the Pomorskie Voivodeship, as a public entity, shall ensure the accessibility within the scope specified by the applicant without delay, no later than within 14 days from the date the claim was submitted. Should it prove impossible to fulfil the request in this time, the Office shall without delay inform the applicant of the reasons for the delay and propose a new deadline, no later that within two months from the date the claim for accessibility was submitted.
Should it prove impossible or considerably difficult to ensure accessibility within the scope specified by the applicant, the Office shall inform the applicant of it without delay, and provide an alternative access to the requested information.
Should the Office fail to ensure accessibility, the applicant has the right to lodge a complaint about the lack of accessibility. The complaint shall be filed with the President of the State Fund for Rehabilitation of Disabled People within 30 days, under the provisions of Article 32 of the Act of Ensuring Accessibility for Persons with Special Needs
Address and access
Marshal’s Office of the Pomorskie Voivodeship
Address: Okopowa 21/27, 80-810 Gdańsk
The building is located at the intersection of Okopowa and Toruńska streets, ensuring convenient access to other parts of the city, both by public transport and your own vehicle.
Closest public transport stops:
- Gdańsk Śródmieście (~300 m) – Fast Urban Railway (SKM) station;
- TORUŃSKA (~ 190 m) – bus stop
- RZEŹNICKA (~ 100 m) – bus stop
- MUZEUM NARODOWE (~ 150 m) – bus stop
You can reach the Office via buses 106, 123, 131, 132, 154, 189, 205, 207, 210, 256, 911 (TORUŃSKA bus stop), 123,131 (RZEŹNICKA bus stop), and 106, 123, 131, 911 (MUZEUM NARODOWE bus stop).
The access to the TORUŃSKA, RZEŹNICKA, and MUZEUM NARODOWE bus stops via zebra crossing might be restricted due to construction work in the immediate vicinity of the Office.
The buses stopping at the above stops are both low- and high-floor.
There are three entrances to the Office:
- From Okopowa street (main entrance) – access to the building via a designated corridor due to ongoing construction work.
Paved entrance with stairs and a wheelchair ramp leading to the automatic door. There is an intercom and a call button installed at the entrance.
- From Toruńska street – access to the building without any obstructions; entrance leading to the lift accessible via a ramp.
- From Rzeźnicka street – access to the building via an on-site car park.
Gate entrances open automatically and they lead to the conference hall (Sala Okrągła) – accessible via stairs – and the building entrance – accessible via a staircase.
The conference hall can be accessed by the persons with special needs through the main entrance of the Office building.
- wheelchair accessibility, no doorsteps at the entrance; the hall is equipped with proper sounding and a large wall screen.
- The building is clearly marked with information boards at the two entrances (from Okopowa and Rzeźnicka streets). There are no information boards in Braille, enlarged font, or using high-contrast for the visually impaired persons.
- Due to construction work in the immediate vicinity of the Office, the accessibility of the free car park – including parking places for persons with disabilities – is restricted and can be found only at Rzeźnicka street.
Customer service centre / Reception desk
- The reception desk is located on the ground floor, in the corridor to the left of the building’s main entrance, and can be accessed from Toruńska street – go straight ahead from the lift, and then down the corridor to the left.
- The design of the space, the width of the corridors and doors, as well as the lack of any changes in the ground level ensure an obstacle-free route.
- The building is equipped with a 1.4 x 1.6 m lift; the lift’s doors are 0.9 m wide.
- Toilets for persons with disabilities can be found on the ground floor, near the main entrance.
Deaf and hard of hearing persons
- A sign language interpreter is available in the Marshal’s Office of the Pomorskie Voivodeship. Under the Act of 19th August 2011 on Sign Language and Other Means of Communications (Journal of Laws Dz. U. 2017, item 1824), a person experiencing permanent or periodic difficulties in communication can be assisted by a sign language interpreter in an Office.
- Should you wish to be assisted in such a way, you must notify the Office at least three working days before the visit via e-mail at email@example.com or call the Office secretary at +48 58 32 68 730.
- The Office is not equipped with induction loops.
- Assistance dogs and guide dogs are permitted to enter all the rooms in the building.