The Elbląg River (length: 14.5 km) flows out of Lake Druzno and into the Vistula Lagoon. It connects with the Elbląg Canal through the Druzno Lake, and with the Nogat through the Jagiellonian Canal. The Jagiellonian Canal – built in 1483 – is the oldest active canal in Poland. It is 5.7 km long and is navigable in class II.
The Elbląg River connects the Vistula Lagoon with the Sea Port in Elbląg. It is one of the elements of the investment in the construction of the canal through the Vistula Spit. By 2023, it will be deepened to 5 meters and the current ferry crossing and Nowaków will be replaced by a swing bridge.
The quays of the Sea Port in Elbląg are located along the banks of the Elbląg River. The reloading capacity is estimated at 1.5 million tons and the target capacity is 3.5 million. There are several marinas in Elbląg, including one built under the Żuławy Loop project. In the city centre, at the quay along the newly renovated Old Town, there are several berths. The Old Town is worth a walk, and the local museum houses one of the richest collections of archaeological monuments excavated from urban spaces.