The Jagiellonian Canal is a class II waterway. It is 5.8 km long and connects the Nogat with the Elbląg river near Kępki. One of the oldest canals in Poland, built between 1494 and 1495, then known as the Krafuski Canal. It allowed connecting Elbląg with the Nogat and Gdańsk, further contributing to the economic development of the city and the entire region.
It is also an alternative route from Elbląg to the Vistula Lagoon when it is impossible to use the pontoon bridge in Nowakowo, e.g. due to too high or too low water levels (the bridge in Nowakowo will be replaced by a drawbridge in 2023).
Navigation on the canal should not cause any major issues. Yachts are required to take down their masts because of the bridge at the junction of the Jagiellonian Canal with the Nogat. The major part of the banks is overgrown by reeds, and long sections of the canal are reinforced with wooden stakes.